Effective Date: 15 Aug, 2023.
Applicable To The Following Mobile Application: Tech-Freedom.
Article 1 – DEFINITIONS
- d) DATA CONTROLLER: Data Controller is the publisher, owner, and operator of the Mobile App and is the Party responsible for the collection of information described herein. Data Controller shall be referred to either by Data Controller’s name or “Data Controller,” as listed above. If Data Controller or Data Controller’s property shall be referred to through first-person pronouns, it shall be through the use of the following: us, we, our, ours, etc.
- f) SERVICES: “Services” means any services that we make available for sale on the Mobile App.
- g) PERSONAL DATA: “Personal DATA” means personal data and information that we obtain from you in connection with your use of the Mobile App that is capable of identifying you in any manner.
Article 2 – GENERAL INFORMATION
Article 3 -CONTACT
The Party responsible for the processing of your personal data is as follows: V.I. Developers.
The Data Controller may be contacted as follows: email@example.com
The Data Controller and operator of the Mobile App are one and the same.
Article 4 – LOCATION
The location where the data processing activities take place is as follows: India.
Article 5 – MODIFICATIONS AND REVISIONS
Article 6 – THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE FROM YOU
Depending on how you use our Mobile App, you will be subject to different types of Personal Data collected and different manners of collection:
a) Registered users: You, as a user of the Mobile App, may be asked to register in order to use the Mobile App
or to purchase the Services available for sale. During the process of your registration, we will collect some of
the following Personal Data from you through your voluntary disclosure: First name, Last name, Email address,
Phone number, User name, Password, Date of birth, Gender, Country, Time of creation. Personal Data may be asked
for in relation to:
- I) Interaction with our representatives in any way.
- II) making purchases.
- III) receiving notifications by text message or email about marketing.
- IV) receiving general emails from us.
- V) commenting on our content or other user-generated content on our Mobile App, such as blogs, articles,
photographs or videos, or participating in our forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms or other similar
By undergoing the registration process, you consent to us collecting your Personal Data, including the Personal
Data described in this clause, as well as storing, using or disclosing your Personal Data in accordance with
- b) Unregistered users: If you are a passive user of the Mobile App and do not register for any purchases or
other service, you may still be subject to certain passive data collection (“Passive Data Collection”). Such
Passive Data Collection may include through cookies, as described below, IP address information, location
information, and certain browser data, such as history and/or session information.
- c) All users: The Passive Data Collection that applies to Unregistered users shall also apply to all other users
and/or visitors of our Mobile App.
- d) Sales & Billing Information: In order to purchase any of the services on the Mobile App, you will be asked to
provide certain credit information, billing address information, and possibly additional specific information so
that you may be properly charged for your purchases. This payment and billing information will not be stored and
will be used exclusively to assist with your one-time purchase.
- e) Related Entities: We may share your Personal Data, including Personal Data that identifies you personally,
with any of our parent companies, subsidiary companies, affiliates or other trusted related entities. However,
we only share your Personal Data with a trusted related entity if that entity agrees to our privacy standards as
- f) Email Marketing: You may be asked to provide certain Personal Data, such as your name and email address, for
the purpose of receiving email marketing communications. This information will only be obtained through your
voluntary disclosure and you will be asked to affirmatively opt-in to email marketing communications.
- g) User Experience: From time to time we may request information from you to assist us in improving our Mobile
App, and the Services we sell, such as demographic information or your particular preferences.
- h) Content Interaction: Our Mobile App may allow you to comment on the content that we provide or the content
that other users provide, such as blogs, multimedia, or forum posts. If so, we may collect some Personal Data
from you at that time, such as, but not limited to, username or email address.
- i) Combined or Aggregated Information: We may combine or aggregate some of your Personal Data in order to better
serve you and to better enhance and update our Mobile App for your and other consumers’ use.
Article 7 – THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE AUTOMATICALLY
Cookies: We may collect information from you through automatic tracking systems (such as information about your
browsing preferences) as well as through information that you volunteer to us (such as information that you
provide during a registration process or at other times while using the Mobile App, as described above). For
text used to store some information that may concern the user, his or her preferences or the device they are
using to access the internet (such as a computer, tablet, or mobile phone). Cookies are mainly used to adapt the
operation of the site to your expectations, offering a more personalized browsing experience and memorizing the
choices you made previously. A cookie consists of a reduced set of data transferred to your browser from a web
server and it can only be read by the server that made the transfer. This is not executable code and does not
transmit viruses. Cookies do not record or store any Personal Data. If you want, you can prevent the use of
cookies, but then you may not be able to use our Mobile App as we intend. To proceed without changing the
options related to cookies, simply continue to use our Mobile App.
Technical cookies: Technical cookies, which can also sometimes be called HTML cookies, are used for navigation
and to facilitate your access to and use of the site. They are necessary for the transmission of communications
on the network or to supply services requested by you. The use of technical cookies allows the safe and
efficient use of the site. You can manage or request the general deactivation or cancelation of cookies through
your browser. If you do this though, please be advised this action might slow down or prevent access to some
parts of the site. Cookies may also be retransmitted by an analytics or statistics provider to collect
aggregated information on the number of users and how they visit the Mobile App. These are also considered
technical cookies when they operate as described. Temporary session cookies are deleted automatically at the end
of the browsing session – these are mostly used to identify you and ensure that you don’t have to log in each
time – whereas permanent cookies remain active longer than just one particular session.
Third-party cookies: We may also utilize third-party cookies, which are cookies sent by a third-party to your
computer. Permanent cookies are often third-party cookies. The majority of third-party cookies consist of
tracking cookies used to identify online behavior, understand interests and then customize advertising for
users. Third-party analytical cookies may also be installed. They are sent from the domains of the
aforementioned third parties external to the site. Third-party analytical cookies are used to detect information
on user behavior on our Mobile App. This place anonymously, in order to monitor the performance and improve the
usability of the site. Third-party profiling cookies are used to create profiles relating to users, in order to
propose advertising in line with the choices expressed by the users themselves.
Profiling cookies: We may also use profiling cookies, which are those that create profiles related to the user
and are used in order to send advertising to the user’s browser. When these types of cookies are used, we will
receive your explicit consent.
Support in configuring your browser: You can manage cookies through the settings of your browser on your device.
However, deleting cookies from your browser may remove the preferences you have set for this Mobile App. For
further information and support, you can also visit the specific help page of the web browser you are using:
- – Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- – Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-us/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- – Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/
- – Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- – Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
Log Data: Like all websites and mobile applications, this Mobile App also makes use of log files that store
automatic information collected during user visits. The different types of log data could be as follows:
- – internet protocol (IP) address;
- – type of browser and device parameters used to connect to the Mobile App;
- – name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- – date and time of visit;
- – web page of origin of the user (referral) and exit;
- – possibly the number of clicks;
The aforementioned information is processed in an automated form and collected in an exclusively aggregated
manner in order to verify the correct functioning of the site, and for security reasons. This information will
be processed according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller. For security purposes (spam filters,
firewalls, virus detection), the automatically recorded data may also possibly include Personal Data such as IP
address, which could be used, in accordance with applicable laws, in order to block attempts at damage to the
Mobile App or damage to other users, or in the case of harmful activities or crime. Such data are never used for
the identification or profiling of the user, but only for the protection of the Mobile App and our users. Such
information will be treated according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
Article 8 – HOW PERSONAL DATA IS STORED
We use secure physical and digital systems to store your Personal Data when appropriate. We ensure that your Personal Data is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction. Please note, however, that no system involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, is completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of your Personal Data very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data. The systems that we use to store your information include but are not limited to: We ensure that only a handful of staff members (not more than 5) have access to personal user information data, and we use an outside monitoring service to make sure we never have data breaches. Personal Data is stored throughout your relationship with us. We delete your Personal Data upon request for cancelation of your account or other general request for the deletion of data. In the event of a breach of your Personal Data, you will be notified in a reasonable time frame, but in no event later than two weeks, and we will follow all applicable laws regarding such breach.
Article 9 – PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
We primarily use your Personal Data to help us provide a better experience for you on our Mobile App and to provide you the services and/or information you may have requested, such as use of our Mobile App. Information that does not identify you personally, but that may assist in providing us broad overviews of our customer base, will be used for market research or marketing efforts. Such information may include, but is not limited to, interests based on your cookies. Personal Data that may be considering identifying may be used for the following:
- a) Improving your personal user experience.
- b) Communicating with you about your user account with us.
- c) Marketing and advertising to you, including via email.
- d) Fulfilling your purchases.
- e) Providing customer service to you.
- f) Advising you about updates to the Mobile App or related Items.
- g) The following other purposes:
- We collect user information to share with government agencies to assist them with law enforcement.
Article 10 – DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Although our policy is to maintain the privacy of your Personal Data as described herein, we may disclose your Personal Data if we believe that it is reasonable to do so in certain cases, in our sole and exclusive discretion. Such cases may include, but are not limited to:
- a) To satisfy any local, state, or Federal laws or regulations.
- b) To respond to requests, such discovery, criminal, civil, or administrative process, subpoenas, court orders,
or writs from law enforcement or other governmental or legal bodies.
- d) As may be necessary for the operation of our Mobile App.
- e) To generally cooperate with any lawful investigation about our users.
- f) If we suspect any fraudulent activity on our Mobile App or if we have noticed any activity which may violate
our terms or other applicable rules.
Article 11 – PUBLIC INFORMATION
We may allow users to post their own content or information publicly on our Mobile App. Such content or information may include, but is not limited to, photographs, status updates, blogs, articles, or other personal snippets. Please be aware that any such information or content that you may post should be considered entirely public and that we do not purport to maintain the privacy of such public information.
Article 12 – OPTING OUT OF TRANSMITTALS FROM US
From time to time, we may send you informational or marketing communications related to our Mobile App such as announcements or other information. If you wish to opt-out of such communications, you may contact the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also click the opt-out link which will be provided at the bottom of any and all such communications. Please be advised that even though you may opt-out of such communications, you may still receive information from us that is specifically about your use of our Mobile App or about your account with us. By providing any Personal Data to us, or by using our Mobile App in any manner, you have created a commercial relationship with us. As such, you agree that any email sent from us or third-party affiliates, even unsolicited email, shall specifically not be considered SPAM, as that term is legally defined.
Article 13 – MODIFYING, DELETING, AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
If you wish to modify or delete any information we may have about you, or you wish to simply access any information we have about you, you may do so from your account settings page.
Article 14 – ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
Article 15 – YOUR RIGHTS
You have many rights in relation to your Personal Data. Specifically, your rights are as follows:
- – the right to be informed about the processing of your Personal Data.
- – the right to have access to your Personal Data.
- – the right to update and/or correct your Personal Data.
- – the right to portability of your Personal Data.
- – the right to oppose or limit the processing of your Personal Data.
- – the right to request that we stop processing and delete your Personal Data.
- – the right to block any Personal Data processing in violation of any applicable law.
Article 16 – CONTACT INFORMATION
Article 17 – Collection and Verification of Disability Certificates
- 17.1 Purpose: To ensure Tech-Freedom is used appropriately and efficiently, we collect and verify disability certificates from users. This is vital as our app is offered for free to those who genuinely need it, and we allocate our resources wisely.
- 17.2 Partnership Sharing: We might share verified disability certificates with our free-service partners to support our welfare project. This sharing is limited to the verification purpose only.
- 17.3 Data Security: We prioritize protecting the privacy of disability certificates. No external parties except Tech-Freedom can access these certificates. Stringent security measures are enforced.
- 17.4 Limited Use: Disability certificates are solely used for verification and won’t be repurposed, ensuring confidentiality throughout.
- 17.5 User Responsibility: Users must provide accurate disability certificates. Misrepresentation violates our terms and can lead to access termination.
In conclusion, collecting and verifying disability certificates enable us to offer effective and accessible services through Tech-Freedom while safeguarding user privacy and resource integrity.